Tuesday, November 15, 2011
catch up on the chair
Here is the tenon side with checks cut off on the band saw, dialing in very close on the router table.
This has to be the biggest joint I've made since my bench!
You may note that the outsides of this joint are proud, beyond flush. This is to make clamping easier, quite convenient.
Turning back to the legs I dialed in the end grain angles. I must say that the O-1 steel blade in the block plane is proving itself as I had hoped! My A-2 would just crumble on Oak end grain. The O-1 keeps on cutting, relatively speaking, this is still Oak here ha.
Anywho, back to the boring machine to cut more twin tenon mortises. This time for the arm to leg joints.
Starting to look more like a chair though!
Pre-finishing comes next for these parts!
It was a gratifying bit of work. Probably the best live tenons I've made in a while, certainly the fastest! I needed that heh.
Yikes, I'm going to have to figure out this seat webbing soon!