Saturday, June 5, 2010

Vanity Cabinet photos!

Phew! Done and time to get some photos! This time around I was able to borrow my friend and classmate's lights. Thanks Craig! (and Carol!) I'm still not a professional photographer but these lights were much better to use than the ones before. No head-aches on account of the lights :).

Vanity Cabinet - Swiss Pear, Maple, Jatoba, and Ornamental Maple (and glass mirror).








Hmm the side shelf... I am still undecided about it. Partially because it turned out so much darker than the cabinet. Came from the same plank... thems the breaks?
I like how it turns "just" a cabinet into more of a scene with more ambiance but I just don't know... any thoughts?

I also have to pick just 3 of these photos for my physical portfolio. Gah! I hate choosing!

On to the fine art of crate-making hah.

8 comments:

Nick Brygidyr said...

wow! looking great! i do like the little shelf, like you said, it makes just a cabinet into something more!

Timberwerks Studio - Dale J. Osowski - Furniture Maker said...

I really like it, looks fantastic. Roughly, how many hours did it take you to complete? I also like the little shelf.

SGI said...

Looks great! I can't wait to see it next week. I live in Cambridge, Ont. so I'll be making the trip into the big city for the show on Sunday.

I've been lurking on all these IP blogs for a while, so I'm really exited to see all your work in real life!

Scott

Nicholas Nelson said...

Thanks guys

Yeah I like the shelf but at the moment it's darkness just kind of irks me... I took the pieces from the bottom of the plank where there was a fair amount of checking so perhaps it's just thoroughly oxidized. Maybe the cabinet will catch up?

Dale, I do try to keep track of my hours though it's not EXACT this one comes in at about 175 hrs. I didn't really include "design" time but I tent to do a lot of that in my head at my other job ;).

Scott, Ha good I'm glad you're interested in coming out. Seeing everyone's pieces in the physical is a much better experience :) I'm hoping to come back to the shop with new inspiration and maybe a little drive of friendly competition ;).

Nick Brygidyr said...

haha nick, anyone ever tell you you're way too picky for your own good? i think it looks fantastic even if it's a slight shade darker, sheesh! can never be happy aye =P

Timberwerks Studio - Dale J. Osowski - Furniture Maker said...

I agree with Nick, I had to visit again to take another look because it's so pleasing to see.

LORD GODFREY said...

Like the three pulls on the door Nick. Amazing.

xyzseira said...

Discount vanities are indeed can-afford for those who have tight budgets. But it doesn't mean that you have meager budgets, you will compromise your chic and lovely designs you have in mind.